The Ferguson Company’s Career Development Services provides human resource
consulting firm specializing in high quality customized job search assistance for the
The Ferguson Company Relocation Services Division works as a team with Staffing
Solutions to provide the transferee with assistance to help the spouse’s/partner to
Staffing Solutions is a National known company with 175 office locations with over 30
years of experience. They provide nine industry-specific divisions, each division
managed and staffed by industry professionals. The Staffing Solutions have the broadest
range of staffing applications with exclusive value added services, with no fees charged
to the applicant.
- The Job Search
- Job Transition-an opportunity
- The Resume
- Resume Development
- Cover Letters
- Effective Interviewing Techniques
- Common interview questions
- Key Sources
Staffing Solutions offers testing and training to all applicants. They will assess your
transferees skill level, then enhance their skills through in-house training programs.
Administrative Staffing – Administrative Assistants, Secretaries, Word
Processing, General Office, Receptionist, Data Entry, Customer Service,
Industrial Production Support - Assemblers, Production Workers,
Warehouse Clerks, Shipping/Receiving, Pickers/Packers, General
Laborers, Inventory Clerks, Stack Clerks, Janitorial, Mail Clerks,
Inventory Clerks, Electrical Tester, Electronic Technician
Technical/Information Systems - Client/Server Software Developers,
Programmer Analysts, Business Analysts, Network Analysts, Network
Engineers, Technical Project Mangers
Financial & Accounting - Accounts Payable/receivable, Payroll,
Bookkeeping, Mortgage Banking, General Accounting, Cost Systems and
Control, Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis, Credit Collections,
Tax, Audit, Corporate Finance, Lending/Trust/Operations, Financial
Resource MFG-Skilled Manufacturing - Wafer Fab, Electronic
Assemblers Machinists, Electronic Technicians, Engineering Technicians,
PCB Solderers, Cable Assemblers, Skilled Crafts-Machinists,Sheet Metal
Fabricators, Welders, Maintenance Mechanics, CAD Designers
Transportation Services - Over-The-Road and Local Driving-Class A-
CDL Drivers, Class B-CDL Drivers, Bus Drivers, Shorthaul, Regional &
Over-the Road Drivers, Local Pick-up & Delivery Drivers, Associated
Medical & Health Care Staff - Healthcare Billing & Collections, Nursing
Professionals, Physician Office Support, Medical Administrative
Assistants, Licensed Allied Health Staff, Medical Receptionists, Nurse
Practitioners, Medical Claims Processors, Healthcare Executives,
Temporary - Flexible, short-term additions or replacements
Project - Seasonal or project-specific workforce, with or without
Managed - Extended-term workforce engaged and managed on-site for
Outsourcing - Long-term staffing and management of an entire department
function with performance accountability
Temp-to-Hire - Transition to full-time employment on an hours-worked
Direct Hire - Staff recruitment and placement on a fee-for service basis.
Entry to Executive level
Training - Integrated, customized training solutions in office and
The Ferguson Company’s and Staffing Solutions goal is to be the first choice that
transferees choice to turn to for their relocation needs and spouse/career assistance for
their families relocating to the Knoxville and surrounding area.
- Determine your Targets
- Discipline yourself for the process
- Set goals and timetables
- Time to do a self assessment
- Time to reflect on and recognize achievements
- Time to find the right fit
Selection is a subjective process… that attempts to make specific judgements with insufficient facts
- Important marketing tool
- For you
- For the internal recruiter
- Possibly your only chance to present your skills
- Firm Handshake
- Critical reference document
- Initial evaluation
- Tool for comparison
- Reference document after an interview
- Military Service
- Major accomplishments
- Work History
- Additional Components
- Professional certifications
- Professional affiliation
- Community Service
Easy to read
Easy to find key information
Provides content of positions
Stratify factual information
Date of graduation:
Degree earned:Major: Minor:
Date of graduation:
JANE ANN SIMMONS
129 Rollins Road
McMinnville, Tennessee 37110
(615) 555-1234 Home
(615) 555-2345 Work
With over five years of experience in employment, regulatory compliance, relocation,
benefits and supervision, I am prepared to make a positive contribution in Human
resources or Personnel Relations.
B.S. Business Administrative, emphasis in Human Resources, 1987
Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- GPA: 3.75/4.00 overall, 3.90/4/00 in major
- Academic Scholarship
- Elected Student Body At-Large representative
WILSON’S WIDGET COMPANY, Smartt, Tennessee
EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST 6/92-Present
- Manage the activities of four people in a team environment, reporting
directly to the Human resources Department Manager.
- Develop, track and reconcile departmental budgets.
- Insure compliance with all pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Supervise the coordination of benefits at the plant level.
- Design, implement and audit all employment processes.
- Reduced time to hire by 23% through implementation of new screening process.
- Met all employment target deadlines.
- Saved 26% on recruitment through negotiation and improvement of methods.
EMPLOYMENT CLERK 12/87-6/92
- Coordinate all logistics of employment processes.
- Conduct telephone pre-screening interviews for all staff positions.
- Educate all new hires on relocation benefits and coordinate this process.
- Facilitate Assessment Centers
- Administer pre-employment testing.
- Recommended and implemented improvements to the Assessment
Center process that reduced the time needed by 10%
- Generated savings of $36,000 in relocation costs by implementing
and audit system.
Provide necessary information not on your resume
Should be sent to a specific individual
Must be customized to position and company
Cover Letter Format
Explain your interest
State position desired
Make contact easy
November 5, 1999
Jane Ann Simmons
129 Rollins Road
McMinnville, Tennessee 37110
Dear Ms. Davenport,
In response to your need for a Human Resource Generalist, I have enclosed my resume
for your review.
With experience in several different areas of human resources, I will be able to
immediately provide resources for your department. Having designed and implemented
human resource systems for a team environment, I can contribute to your current
conversion process to the team concept.
Since my position being eliminated due to the closing of our plant, I am available
immediately. My plans are to stay in the middle Tennessee area at the present time.
I look forward to the opportunity to further discuss how I can benefit your organization.
You may reach me at either work or home. Also, I will follow-up with you to ensure you
have all of the information needed.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Jane Ann Simmons
Know the organization
Know the Position
- Why did you choose your particular field of study?
- What determining factors led to your choice of school?
- What subjects did you like best? Why?
- What subjects did you enjoy least? Why?
- What were the three most important things you learned from your college
- Describe other continuing education experiences you have had and how
they have benefited you.
- What plans do you have for furthering your knowledge and education
Work Experience Related
- Describe your position with XYZ Company.
- Describe a typical day.
- Explain why you left each position you no longer hold.
- Explain why you wish to leave or are leaving your current position.
- Which positions have you liked best? Why?
- Which positions have you liked least? Why?
- Describe several of your major accomplishments at work.. Why do you
think you were successful?
- Describe an incident when you were not successful at work? Why do you
think you were unsuccessful? How did you learn and grow from this
- What are your career plans for the next week several years.
- Describe the best organizational structure in which you have worked. Why
it the best?
- Describe the characteristics of a good manager.
- What do you think are the characteristics of a successful team?
- Tell us what you know about our organization and why you want to work
- What contributions do you think you can make to the success of this
Trade or Professional Publications
University Placement Offices
Department of Employment Security
National Business Employment
Weekly National Ad Search
Directory of Tennessee Manufactures
Published by Lee Smith Publishers and Printers
Warren County Industrial Guide
Published by Warren County Chamber of Commerce
Manufactures Guide of Rutherford County
Published by Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce
Directory of Manufacturing for Shelbyville/Bedford County
Published by Shelbyville/Bedford County Chamber of Commerce
Directory of Manufacturers in Coffee County Tennessee
Published by Industrial Board of Coffee County
Also, available at most libraries, is a series of books called The City Job Bank. Each book
describes employment opportunities in a particular city. For example, The Atlanta Job
Bank would describe employment in the Atlanta area.
Knoxville Member for Superior Relocation Services
Toll Free 800-747-0713